Really Epic Dog (RED) is looking for a Graphic Designer to join our team in our office in Salt Lake City, UT or Liverpool, UK. As one of the most innovative content distribution and management platforms, RED connects content owners, advertisers, and retailers with a reliable, secure solution to manage and deliver all digital media assets (movies, music, eBooks, etc.) to our business partners and their customers/users.
The ideal applicant will express an incredible capacity to create designs with a high level of detail, a low level of ego, and a perfectionistic attitude; metaphorically perceiving the design as “never finished”. The position requires working on a huge variety of products; including websites, packaging, books and magazines, corporate identity, advertising, exhibitions and displays. Our Graphic Designer will prepare for trade shows locally and internationally, will promote and build the brand while interacting with surroundings to keep atmosphere fun, informative and focused.
- Meet with departments to understand intentions, goals and ideas.
- Craft a plethora of graphic art and promotional material with drastic visual impact.
- Create integrated design projects across both online and offline outputs.
- Develop design briefs.
- Explain design concepts and ideas to team.
- Synchronize multiple publishing projects.
- Provide graphical support for blogs, websites and social media.
- Coordinate and oversee marketing projects alone and in a team.
- Connect and work with other departments within the company to complete projects.
- Satisfy other duties as assigned.
- Staff are encouraged to go beyond their job descriptions to assist the team in all business processes while maintaining good communication and a great attitude.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Advanced knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign required.
- Intermediate knowledge of After Effects, Premiere and other Non-Linear Editing software preferred.
- Experience in outputting to press and conventional media preferred.
- Previous work in other printing processes such as embossing, die-cut, coatings, etc is preferred.
- Abilities in free-hand work is a plus.
- Creative flair, originality and a strong visual sense.
- Strong computer skills.
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues.
- Talent in graphics and typography.
- Ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Problem solving, decision making, critical thinking and creative writing skills.
- Job task planning and organizing.
- Solid understanding and practical knowledge of social media strategy, planning and execution.
- Enthusiastic and mindful of multi-generational workings, specifically Gen Y and Gen Z
- Flexible work hours.
- Fun team members and a creative work environment.
- Opportunity to work with marquee customers.
- Beautiful waterfront location.
- Gain work experience in a vibrant company.
- Develop marketing skills.
- Gain knowledge of how to interact with different personalities and powers.
- Enjoy working with a team and accomplishing common goals.
If you are interested in this position, then please prepare the following and submit it below:
- An updated resume
- Salary requirements
- An online portfolio demonstrating your design and production work
- 3 Professional references familiar with your production art skills and work